Shane

In memory of Shane Torrence (1/28/93 - 9/11/99)
A mom on a mission raising awareness of the condition that took my only child at age 6 and a half - Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia CDH takes the lives of 15,000 children every year and harms 15,000 more.
Will you care? http://www.cdhsupport.org

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Remembering Shane

I'm going to use this blog to post ways that we remember Shane. Events we hold in his memory, events I attend and talk about him, etc. Not everything I do while I volunteer for CHERUBS... but stuff I do just for my son.

One of the awareness things CHERUBS is starting to do is naming streets CDH Awareness. Then parents put up plaques about CDH and their children. Or they can participate in the "Adopt A Highway" program and raise awareness that way. What a great way to raise awareness - having a permenent sign where everyone can see it, every day.

Sooooo..... I've been on the search for a place to name a street here in Raleigh. I'm looking for a developer who wants the exposure of a ribbon cutting ceremony and wants to help the CDH community by raising awareness. I really want to do this in memory of Shane here in Raleigh. Because he LOVED Sesame Street, having a street named for awareness would mean so much.

That being said, any Raleigh or Durham land developers interested in helping a good cause? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment