CHERUBS is part of Vote For Kids' Health in Pepsi Refresh, a group of charities that help sick children! Please vote and help sick babie and childrens' because EVERY child deserves to live a long and healthy life!
- CHERUBS - $25,000 to Provide financial assistance for hospital travel expenses to families affected by CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), a rare and often deadly birth defect that affects over 60,000 babies every year. Text 101202 to Pepsi (73774)
- Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood Foundation - $250,000 to Find a path to the cure for Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood (AHC). Text 104112 to Pepsi (73774)
- Bailey Baio Angel Foundation - $50,000 for Expanded Newborn Screening Education & Assist Affected Families. Text 103868 to Pepsi (73774)
- Rockin' Against Leukemia - $50,000 Refresh the Dream - Rockin' Against Leukemia: Find a Cure by 2015! Text 103906 to Pepsi (73774)
- SSBTR - $5,000 to Students Supporting Brain Tumor Research. Text 102749 to Pepsi (73774)
- Hearts For Hope - $5,000 to Help children on the Cardiology Wing at Children's Hospital, Boston. Text 100100 to Pepsi (73774)
- Lorraines Canes - $5,000 to Provide custom walking canes to pediatric patients without insurance. Text 101132 to Pepsi (73774)
CHERUBS - Provide financial assistance to families affected by CDH.
- To financially assist families affected by CDH
- To provide gas cards to help with travel expenses
- To provide restaurant gift cards to help with expenses
- To provide grocery gift cards to help with expenses
- To help with airline ticket and lodging costs when needed
The CDH Family Assistance Fund helps families with the expenses incurred traveling for medical care for very high-risk pregnancies and critically ill newborns. Often families have to travel 100's of miles to hospitals that are equipped to handle babies born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) and that provide ECMO, a heart and lung bypass machine, if needed. Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia occurs when the diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs into the chest cavity and preventing lung growth. 50% of babies born with CDH do not survive. The cause of CDH is not known, but it is as common as Cystic Fibrosis and Spina Bifida. Every 10 minutes a baby is born with CDH - adding up to over half a million babies since 2000. The hospital stay for a severely affected baby can be as long as 1 year. With the medical bills and emotional stress that these families go through, we want to offer a little help with making travel easier and affordable.
How will the 25K be Used?
|Budget Notes: Most pediatric hospitals are affiliated with the Ronald McDonald House, which provides lodging for many of our families. Our request for hotel gift cards are for those traveling long distances overnight to reach a hospital or those rare times when a Ronald McDonald House does not have an empty room.|
Though CHERUBS has just 1 project in this alliance, they have 4 more in this month's contest. Their goal is to focus on 1 at a time to help the babies with all 5 needed grants so if you have extra votes please vote for one of these projects to help keep them in the top 100 so they will roll over each month.
Click here to vote for all 5 projects at once!
$250k CDH RESEARCH - text message 102542 send to 73774 (pepsi)
$50k Awareness - text 102365 to 73774
$25k Hospital Kits - text 101211 to 73774
$25k Financial Assistance - text 101202 to 73774
$25k Care Packages - text 102123 to 73774
Or click through each one below: