Shane

In memory of Shane Torrence (1/28/93 - 9/11/99)
A mom on a mission raising awareness of the condition that took my only child at age 6 and a half - Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia CDH takes the lives of 15,000 children every year and harms 15,000 more.
Will you care? http://www.cdhsupport.org

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

9/11... when I tell people my son died on 9/11 they naturally assume it was 9/11/01 in the terror attacks. I have to explain CDH and tell them he died in 1999. Then usually about half of them ask if I'm sad that Shane shares his angel day with such a horrible event in our history. My answer is always no. I'm proud that my little hero shares a day with 1000's of other heroes. All people whose lives have affected the lives of others. And in a way, I mourn with the world today and the world mourns with me... shared grief for different reasons. Other mothers crying for their lost sons too. I wish none of us were grieving.

And I pray today for the families who lost loved ones and those who were hurt during 9/11. I can remember the day in detail. My ex-husband had just walked out weeks before, I was alone and devastated already. And then the 1st plane hit. The the 2nd and then the Pentagon, where a dear friend was working inside. She survived but her health was hit hard that day. She is a hero too. I'm thinking of you today, Judi.

No comments:

Post a Comment