Shane

In memory of Shane Torrence (1/28/93 - 9/11/99)
A mom on a mission raising awareness of the condition that took my only child at age 6 and a half - Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia CDH takes the lives of 15,000 children every year and harms 15,000 more.
Will you care? http://www.cdhsupport.org

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Great Human Race - March 27, 2010

My amazingly supportive hubby and I participated in the Durham "Great Human Race" this weekend, representing CHERUBS and walking in memory of Shane.


What a beautiful day to raise Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness!   We raised money and had a lot of fun walking with the other families that really mean a lot to me.  We talked so much that we lagged behind and Craig and I are officially the LAST people to cross the finish line!  LOL   Oh well, I never planned on running the 5k.  :)

We wore shirts with Shane's ribbon on them.  We have a section on our Cafepress shop for parents to order items with the CDH Awareness Ribbon and their child's photo.  This is Shane's section -

It has a ton of great stuff on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment