Shane

In memory of Shane Torrence (1/28/93 - 9/11/99)
A mom on a mission raising awareness of the condition that took my only child at age 6 and a half - Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia CDH takes the lives of 15,000 children every year and harms 15,000 more.
Will you care? http://www.cdhsupport.org

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

APX Contest and Pepsi Refresh

Did I tell you that CHERUBS won $30,000 in the contest?  :D   We did!!!!!!   It was A LOT of hard work, a lot of obstacles but we did it!!!!!    

We had so much help!!!  Even television celebrities helping us!!!   How cool is that?  We've raised CDH Awareness on an astronomical level despite the odds against us.   2nd place in a national contest!   How amazing is that?

LOTS of proud cherubs in Heaven right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And on Earth too!!!!  :)

Drumroll please.......  

CHERUBS has 5 projects in the Pepsi contest!!!  That's right, 5!!!!!   Please go vote!!!!!!  http://www.voteforcdh.org

THANK YOU to all the 1000's of people who voted!!!!    So many families are going to be helped!!!!

Our first press conference is coming up on September 13th.   Shane's angelversary is the 11th.   I'm going to be a basketcase.   I already have the beginning of my speech....  "11 years ago today, I was standing in a funeral parlor saying good-bye to my son because of CDH...."

Did I mention I HATE public speaking?   But it's for CHERUBS.  It's for my son and all the cherubs.   I'd literally move heaven and earth for them.

But C will be there, my boys will be there.  Lots of members will be there.   Local dignitaries, politicians and the media!


No comments:

Post a Comment